at The Passage Samui Resort
A better world begins at home
A vital direction in our corporate policy is to be involved in caring for, helping towards and building a better society through community and environmental concern.
By staying here at The Passage Samui, you will become a partner of our Tossawas Charity fund as we designate 1 USD paid per room per night towards this charity.
This Fund was created to help in the following areas:
- Youth Education – Financial support for school supplies and helping to provide scholarship opportunities for underprivileged children.
- Aid the Sick and Disadvantaged – Orphans, displaced persons and the elderly all over Thailand will be assisted with nutritional food, clothes and basic essentials. Medical treatment and counseling will also be provided where needed.
- Religious Community – Contributing to the preservation of religious buildings and helping in the education of those who serve in a religious order and all kinds of religious activities.
- Environmental Concern – Sponsoring volunteers to help villagers recycle their trash and educating society in ecologically sound policies
Money from the fund will be disbursed when the need arises and this will be published on our website. If you want to make a specific donation towards this fund, please drop your contribution at the Front Office and indicate clearly on the envelope that this is for the Charity Fund. Please signup to our newsletter if you would like to be kept updated on our latest good causes.
The management at the Passage Samui are dedicated to the conservation of our planet and take great care to minimize the environmental impact of all resort policies.
Some examples of the policies that The Passage Samui have implemented are listed below:
- The Green Heart Program. This program is targetted at educating both customers and staff at The Passage to ensure that everyone conserves energy and natural resources where appropriate.
- Recycle, reuse and reduce the garbage in the resort.
- Encourage staff to think of new ways to preserve our environment.
- Ensure all environmental rules and regulations are strictly adhered to and try and exceed those requirements if possible to do so.
- Maintain strict records of all environmental activities and use these as metrics to measure the program's success.
- Build a strong community relationship by educating and financing projects where necessary to help the local community understand more about environmental conservation.
The Passage Samui also actively works with Wat Samuttharam school in their Low Carbon School project.
Our project objectives are:
1. Train and educate the schools students and teachers in environmental issues.
2. Encourage "green" activities in the school, such as;
- Recycling the garbage
- Energy Saving
- Water saving and waste water treatment
- Purchasing environmentally sound products
- Chemical management
- Sponsor regular beach clean up days and tree planting days.
We believe it is everyones responsibility to take care of our world for the sake of our children's future.